SPA Dental Sleep Dentistry Sleep Apnoea Do you or your partner suffer from breathing difficulties during sleep such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnoea? You might be pleased to know that dentistry may have a solution for you. A variety of oral devices or mouthpieces are now available that will address your snoring problems. By preventing the lower jaw from dropping back during sleep, these devices can prevent the closure of your airways, which will stop you from snoring. Your dentist can fit one of these for you. Here is how the treatment works:
- A custom-made mouth piece is made from impressions taken of your teeth to ensure they fit you comfortably.
- Made from a hard wearing plastic, the mouthpiece is worn at night and works by holding the bottom jaw in a slightly forward position.
- This position opens up your airway significantly, allowing you to breathe better and as a result sleep better too.
- Better quality of sleep due to undisturbed breathing.
- Improved overall health due to better quality of sleep.