YOUR FIRST VISIT
A thorough dental examination
We believe a comprehensive first exam is the best way to begin the process of obtaining a healthy, beautiful smile. In order to ensure success in our dental procedures, we take the necessary time to fully and thoroughly evaluate your present dental condition. Our goal is to give our guests the necessary information and education so that they may enjoy a beautiful, healthy smile for years to come.
To do this, the first thing we do is listen. At your first visit we will sit down with you and make sure we understand all your concerns, needs and desires as they relate to your dental health. We get to know you personally and understand what you want from your relationship with our dental team.
CONFIDENTIAL PATIENT QUESTIONNAIRE
To help us make your first visit smooth and effective, you can download our confidential patient questionnaire PDF. You can scan and email it back to us, or bring it with you.
Information we will collect:
Your general health and any medication you’re taking can affect your oral health.
Your previous dental treatment and experiences will impact on your future dental needs.
Extra Oral Examination
- Jaw joint palpation
- Check the health of your jaw joint-Muscle palpation
- Check for pathology of your muscles around your face and neck
- Lymph nodes palpation
- Check for swelling or soreness which can indicate presence of an infection or pathology
Intra Oral Examination
- Soft tissues - Screening for any oral cancer or infection in lips, cheeks, under the tongue, throat, roof of mouth and gums
- Periodontal charting - Check for presence of periodontal disease
- Teeth - Check for any missing teeth, existing restorations, any decay areas, any cracks and crumbling restorations
- Occlusal analysis - Analysis of your bite: how your teeth come together, during function and any para function (grinding/clenching)
- Intra oral radiographs - Close up and more detailed radiograph in between the teeth, and or around the roots of any teeth
Oral Hygiene Assessment
How well you are caring for your teeth and gums
Questions about your diet which can affect your oral health
Assess the need for any future correction of your bite and teeth alignment
Assessment of your aesthetic needs by your dentist and yourself
3 dimensional record of your dentition
Record of your smile
Panoramic (OPG) Radiograph
Large radiograph of your mouth including your jaw bones, jaw joints and sinus usually a week or so after your initial examination, we will schedule a follow up visit. During this visit we will discuss treatment recommendations with you.