Dental Implants in Sydney CBD
Have you lost all or some of your natural teeth? Bridges, dentures and flexible dentures are not the only solution, thanks to advances in modern dentistry. Have you heard of dental implants? Implant dentistry offers a clinically proven and safe solution to getting a great smile back and being able to bite and chew with confidence. This is how they work:
- Dental implants are small metal screws that are placed in the jaw in place of a missing tooth.
- Once established, crowns, bridges and dentures can be fixed onto the implants, creating a natural-looking and stable restoration.
- When you lose your natural teeth, your jaw bone and surrounding tissues start to resorb or disappear over time. When implants are placed in the jaw, it stimulates the remaining bone to grow and mesh around the metal, along with tiny blood vessels, preventing bone loss.
- Retained bone structure prevents the face from acquiring a 'sunken' look.
- Implants help restore function so you can eat, chew and bite as usual.
- Implants are a natural-looking way to replace missing teeth.
Consultation for Dental Implants in Sydney CBD
Choosing to have implant treatment is a big decision and something worth discussing with your loved ones. If you are thinking about getting dental implants, it is essential that you come in for a consultation where your suitability for this particular treatment can be thoroughly assessed. Here is what you can expect at a typical consultation:
- Part of the consultation will involve answering questions about your medical history, your lifestyle and habits, as well as how you would like your smile to look after treatment. Factors like your oral health and jawbone density will also be taken into account.
- X-rays and photographs will be taken of your teeth and mouth and you will also have a detailed dental examination. This will give the team a good idea of your current oral health and what treatment will give you the best results.
- This initial consultation is a good opportunity for you to ask any questions that you might have about the treatment and to discuss your preference for sedation. Based on the current state of your teeth you may need to receive a few treatments with the hygienist in preparation for the implants.
- The consultation gives you the chance to ask questions you might have about your teeth directly to a professional.
- Based on the consultation, you will be given a treatment plan with procedure options and a breakdown of costs to help you make your decision.
- It’s a great way to meet the dentist and team who will eventually perform the procedure, if you choose to go ahead.
Book your consultation to speak with us about dental implants in Sydney CBD.